We Got the Dirt on Laundry Know-How
When you’ve got kids, those piles of dirty clothes and linens just keep on comin’! Feel like you need to up your laundry game to stay on top of it all? Laundry is one of those things we feel like we could always do better, but we don’t want to spend any more time on – you’re with us, right?!
With the goal of cleaner clothes in mind, we turned to an expert. Mama of four and Kids on 45th superfriend Mindy McNally is a gardener, teacher, and blogger extraordinaire who was happy to share with us her top tips on tackling the laundry monster.
1. Use felt balls: Skip the dryer sheets (they’re full of chemicals) and throw a couple of these in your dryer to have clothes dried and fluffed in less time.
2. Add vinegar: Fill a downy ball halfway and throw it into your wash for cleaner clothes.
3. Don’t skimp on the scent: Mindy recommends Gain Fireworks for a pleasant laundry fragrance.
4. Make ironing easier: If you do a lot of ironing, you want it to be as quick and easy as possible. Spray clothes with wrinkle releaser spray right out of the dryer and hang them up immediately, then steam them at one time or as you need them.
5. Get the ultimate stain remover: Mindy swears by a stain-removing product called Bunch of Farmers for removing her kiddos’ toughest stains.
Thanks, Mindy! You’ve totally inspired us to up our laundry game.
Here’s our tip: Folding laundry isn’t many people’s favorite thing – but it can do double duty as an inventory-check of what your kiddo has grown out of. Grab a bag, and toss in anything that is due for a donation. Bonus: one less thing to fold! Once you know what they’ve grown out of, you can grab a new bundle of clothes for them in that next size up.